Adam Lippiatt wrote:

Hi

I downloaded and used this software and found (amongst other things) a:

Worm.Bagle.Gen-zippwd

in my mbox file in the inbox.

Does anyone know what the mbox file is and is it safe to remove it (it seems to appear in most other mailboxes)?

Thanks

Adam

The file is likely part of an email attachment inside your mail folder. You should not delete the mbox because it contains all your mail in that folder. A smarter solution is to create a new mail folder, move the message to there, then purge your mail folders, then scan again. The attachment will now have moved to another file which only has that one message inside it.

I should also point out that having a windows virus sitting inside an email file won't actually do anything until you save it and open it inside Windows, either by transferring it to a Windows machine, or by launching a Windows emulator.

In short, you really don't need to worry too much about this particular one.

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S34°45'36.5" - E139°00'08.7" (Mount Pleasant, SA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..

ITmaze   -   ABN: 56 178 057 063   -  ph: 04 1219 8888   -   [EMAIL PROTECTED]