See below
Unlike a large software producer this may also be interesting for some...
If you had "that" companies software, you would have to buy a copy for each platform.

Pity there is no payroll module for Moneyworks - what do you use ???

I have a small office with 2 computers - 1 Mac and 1 Windows.

1. Do I have to buy a copy of the program for each although they are
never used at the same time ?

In this instance no -- you can get a single licence for MoneyWorks and
install it on both machines. But as soon as you want to have it open at the
same time on both machines, you will need to get another copy.

(I have a Mac laptop and enter reciepts at home but my secretary HAS
to have a Dell but does
invoicing during the day)

You would need to copy the file from the Dell to the Mac every night, do the
receipts and then copy it back (before the secretary starts work --
otherwise you risk having two different sets of accounts).

Keep the accounts on a shared folder on the DELL (preferably), then connect to this using SMB: anf do your stuff. Assuming you can tell Moneyworks where its data is...

Rob