On 14/01/2006, at 5:39 PM, Severin Crisp wrote:

In the past I have produced iMovies on DVD disks that play in a normal DVD player (and in a computer too) but I have lost the thread of how I did it and reference to my existing DVDs that work does not bring it back. I know the first step is to export the iMovie as a Full Quality QuickTime movie (.mov). That is opened in Quicktime and exported to a saved file which I then just copied to DVD with Toast, or that is my memory. The missing link is the format I used for export from QT (was 6Pro, I now have 7Pro).
Should it just be a PAL DV stream?  I can not use iDVD on my G4/400.
Help to my failing neurones please! I am loath to just experiment with this one in the hope of eventually getting it right. It is about 40mins long and each process will take several hours!
Severin Crisp

Hi Severin,

Are you using Toast 7?
If you are you can just add your iMovie HD project, first save your project and quit iMovie.

Then add the saved iMovie project file into the Content Area of Toast DVD-Video. You do not need to do any special export formatting in iMovie prior to adding the project to Toast.

If you want to export out to Quicktime from iMovie HD:
File> Share > Quicktime > Full Quality then click Share.

If you want to set your own compression:
File > Share > Quicktime > Expert settings then click Share > Movie to DV Stream click Options
DV Format: DV
Video Format: PAL
Scan Mode: Interlaced
Aspect Ratio 4:3