I have recently purchased a Lexar Professional 80x 1GB Flash Card for my Nikon Coolpix 5700. Main reason, apart from capacity for the .NEF raw photos, was the speed of internal transfer which previous cards lacked causing annoying waits when shooting. I transfer to my computer via a USB2 reader which gives no problems with other cards. With this one, transferring either by a simple Finder drag or using Image Capture everything seriously hangs and only a forced restart gets out of it. With Finder drags taking the files one at a time works, usually, but for more than about three together it hangs. Image Capture can not transfer even one image. Does not matter if the reader is into a hub or directly into a port. Same problem on G4 with USB2 card or G5 with native USB2. Are these cards just lousy or am I missing something? Within the camera everything is fine - and fast. By way of interest, iPhoto6 still does not recognise the Nikon .NEF format but somewhere in the system a thumbnail is correctly generated and the files are identified as belonging to Preview.
Comments welcomed.
Severin Crisp
                   Assoc Professor R Severin Crisp, FIP, CPhys, FAIP
       15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia.
                    Phone  (08) 9842 1950   (Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
                            email  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                          Web pages http://www.JennyCrisp.com.au
                             & http://members.westnet.com.au/Crisp