I have encountered a seemingly insoluble problem.

I started keeping records on the Ms Works database in the dim mists of the eighties. Since then they have been loaded into a succession of machines, culminating in my present G5 dual core. All was fine in Classic until I had to bite the bullet and do a clean install due to the effects of too much inherited gunk clogging the arteries.

The machine now flies but I am unable to re-install MsWorks. I have an external disk drive which should do it but the dialogue simply says 'install unsuccessful' or some such snide comment. The records are extensive and I have been unable, over the years, to port them into any other programme. As my accountant wants some info' there is an element of urgency.

Does anyone have any ideas or, and I suspect that this might be the answer, a venerable iMac that is going for the proverbial?

In hope, Michael
--
Ph: 61 (0)8 9498 0952
Mob: 0406 760 696