Hi,

I'm running an eMac 10.3.9, iTunes 6.0.4 and an iPod 30gb photo.

I started having problems a few days before the latest iTunes update came
out earlier this week, with iTunes not quitting and it not being able to
find the library.

Now with the iTunes update, I get the error message
"the iPod cannot be updated. An unknown error occurred (-39)"

I have run Disk Warrior 3.0.3 over the disk with no change.
There is no reference to iPod/iTunes error -39 on the Apple website.
I have changed USB ports with no change.
The iPod appears in the iTunes menu and charges. I can also open the iPod
and see the contents.
I have reset the iPod with no change. I used the 'hold the central button
and Menu at the same time' trick, so could go one step further and delete
everything from the iPod and start again. But that is assuming the problem
is with the iPod.

Any hints appreciated.

Tim