On 10 Mar 2006, at 9:56 AM, David Noel wrote:

-- I'm using OSX 10.2 on a 500 MHz iMac.

-- On my older machine, with OS 9.2, I ran my database files with Clarisworks 5. When I try to open some of them with Appleworks 6 under 10.2, I get the message "Appleworks has unexpectedly quit". This happens with maybe 1 in 3 of my database files.

-- I can still update these files with Clarisworks under the Classic environment, but would like to move them over to 10.2/Appleworks. I can't find any pattern why some will convert, others not, it's not size (some small, some 2 Mb). And Clarisworks under Classic can't seem to export database files under a different format which Appleworks can import.

-- Any ideas, anyone?

Try opening and saving them under Appleworks 6 in OS9.2

I'm not sure how it's done but Appleworks 6 can be for OS9 or OSX .

I have had success opening old Claris docs with Appleworks under 9.2
saving them as Appleworks and then they will open with Appleworks in OSX

Bob

David Noel
2006 Mar 10