I recently replaced my G4/400 with a G5 1.8 (thanks Rod!!) and everything is transferred and is working fine except printer sharing an Epson SP720 with my wife's G3 iMac. This worked flawlessly and was easily set up with the G4. Both the G5 and the G3 are running 10.4.5 and are connected by ethernet via a DSL-504 ADSL router. File sharing works perfectly. I duly set up printer sharing on the G5 and the first time printing was tried from the iMac it hung at Page Setup. I realised that I had not reidentified the printer, now it lives on SevsG5 not SevsG4. I have cleared and reset everything in sight but still no joy. Page setup gets as far as viewing shared printers and the correct printer then the spinning ball of death appears and only a Force Quit gets out of it. I suspect there is a preference or similar file that is corrupted but am not sure where to go from here.
Suggestions welcomed
Severin Crisp

                    Assoc Professor R Severin Crisp, FIP, CPhys, FAIP
       15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia.
                      Phone  (08) 9842 1950   (Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
                             email  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                            Web pages http://www.JennyCrisp.com.au
                               &  http://members.westnet.com.au/Crisp