Mervyn & Giuliana Bond wrote:

At 7:32 PM +0800 13/3/06, Paul wrote:

Mervyn & Giuliana Bond wrote:

I am using Mozilla as my main browser because it accesses my sites for internet banking and does most other things reasonably well. Eudora is my email application and I can set it so that a URL in an email, if clicked, will open in Mozilla. In Mozilla, if I click on an email address Mozilla naturally goes to its own mail application. Is there a work-around so that clicking on an email address in Mozilla will open Eudora?

I believe this is normally done by setting Eudora as the default app in Mail.app's preferences. I hope that gets around the fact that your browser has it's 'own' mail app.

Good luck

Paul

In Mozilla's preference panel for Mail & Newsgroups there appears to be no way of setting Eudora as the default. Were you referring to some other Mail? The only other Mail I have is Apple's Mail and it is different in layout from the one that pops up in Mozilla. The mystery deepens.
Merv

Hi Merv

Yes I did mean Apple's Mail.app.
I use Thunderbirbird so under Mail>Preferences>General>Default Email Reader I have Thunderbird selected. In the 'old' days there was a preference pane in System prefs but now one needs to set the default mail app from within Mail.app's prefs, same for browsers where you do it from Safari's prefs.
I hope I'm on the right track as I have never used Eudora.
Perhaps you could tell us why you use it as I am quietly looking for a new mailer...

HTH

Good luck
Paul