On 01/05/2006, at 7:02 PM, Neil Houghton wrote:

When I import CDs I like to include the composer & year fields but the
default iTunes views does not show these fields when a new CD is inserted - so the info is not downloaded from the online database unless I first go to
view options and select these fields.

The trouble is these selected fields do not stick as the default when
inserting a CD and I'm getting really bored with manually selecting the view
options for every new CD.

I've checked out all the preferences and even iTunes help but can't seem to find any way to include these fields into the default view when a new CD is
inserted.

I'm sure there MUST be an easy way to do this? Any suggestions?

Hi Neil,

Yes, I know what you mean. I like Composer & year in View Options.
And it doesn't stay as default.
I change the Edit > View Options after the CD shows in iTunes & then I import the CD.

I haven't tried this AppleScript, but it might help you.
<http://www.dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/scripts06.php? page=2#assimilateviewoptions>

"This script re-creates your playlists (excepting Smart Playlists) then deletes the old ones so all of the View Options are the same as the main library (taking advantage of the fact that new playlists acquire the library's View Options)."

Car'n The Pies