On 04/05/2006, at 7:16 AM, Ronda Brown wrote:

Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for your reply.
The modem hasn't been shipped yet ... I'm still deciding whether to go with the NetComm NB5Plus4W which I know is a good reliable modem, or go with WestNet's new Modem??

I know a few people at WestNet (I've been supporting them since Chris Thomas founded WestNet), I'll get in contact with Chris and find out more on the iConnectAccess Open Networks modems.

I thought someone on our list was using the iConnect with WestNet ADSL.

Stay away from the Netcomm. I have had nothing but problems with them. From overheating to failing to reliably connect.

I used to sell them but have switched to NetGear. The iConnect models seem to be pretty good so far as well.

- Matt