It's possible that you have inadvertently made an alias to the finder. The
finder (little happy face) is an actual program that lives in
system/library/core services. You can't move it or copy it without changing
the permissions but you can make as alias of it. Has the happy face got a
little arrow in the bottom left corner? Does it have a name? If you can
select it you can get info on it with apple key +i. That will tell you more
about it.
Rob