Ray ,

I can vouch for Superduper available from Shirtpocket .
Demo version with limited functions is available , registered version is excellent
with it's extra functions .

Create a Sparse Disk Image on your external firewire drive and copy your drive ,
or your home folder or to it .

Download and description available here :-

<http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/SuperDuperDescription.html/>

The Superduper version 2.1.3 is for 10.3.9 and above .
If you have earlier OSX and you cannot find an earlier version Superduper I can help


Bob .



You need to determine what you expect to do and then orgainse things accordingly .

With OSX the actual full system is split amongst a number of folders and invisible files .
Send some scenarios and I can send suggestions .




On 03/12/2006, at 1:29 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

G'day
Need a little Help
When using a PC I used to use Norton Ghost to make a perfect mirror image of my C drive so when ever I need to re install windows I just re install the new image so its back exactly to what it was. This saves my reinstall windows then all the drivers,software etc.

What is there to do the same with OSX
What software or techniques can I do to do this.
That can make image to another partition or cdr/dvd

Regards
            Ray

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>