Michael,
You would be better off spending $30 USD on 1Password.
It stores all data in the keychain, but has a proper front end on it
to manage your passwords.  Use the 30 day free trial and you will see
how it works.
Great software.

Glenn.

On 08/02/2008, Michael Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear Wamug,
> Sometime in the past Shay suggested using the keychain to store
> passwords for the many different needs.  I have been using Passwords
> Plus for some years - from my Palm Pilot days and found it very
> useful.  However it now seems to crash with Leopard, and I toyed with
> the idea of transferring all that information to Keychain.  Using the
> Secure Note, I copied much of the data across.  However something
> happened and I can't find it any longer in the Keychain.
>
> My keychain shows:
> Two (2) System, a User keychain, a Login, & a System Roots.
> Is this correct?  Do the Two System keychains indicate a possible
> conflict?
>
> I note that you can set a new default keychain - where does the old
> one reside?
>
> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
> Mike Anderson
>         MacBook 2Ghz Intel Core Duo,
>         Leopard 10.5.1
>
>
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>


-- 
Glenn Nicholas
0401 143 918

___________________
OM4
Find Customers and Convert Online
web: http://om4.com.au

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  • Keychains Michael Anderson
    • Re: Keychains Glenn Nicholas