Not only does it speed it up/slow it down, it does so independent of pitch (so pitch stays the same)

And the bonus part is theirs a pitch shifter that changes pitch independent of speed -


so if you have a difficult song your trying to learn and the recording is not in concert 440 standard tuning and/or you're not) you can slow it down to half the speed but pitch it up half a semitone....

not so good part - controls are a bit small, particularly the pitch shift which also seems to be "sticky" while it will slide between semitones, it seems to want to "leap" to the next semitone as you get close to it.
Slowdown limit is  only down to half speed

Screen capture of the interface with an MP.3 file loaded here:

http://www.pbase.com/marxz/image/93562555/large.jpg


Hi,
On last night's episode of 'The Lab with Leo' (on Foxtel 118) they talked about the features in Quicktime Pro.

One feature they mentioned that is of particular interest to me is its ability to slow down/speed up movies. My particular interest is rather in being able to slow down/speed up MP3 (or other) music files.

I was wondering if someone who has access to Quicktime Pro could tell before I decide to purchase it, if:

(a) Can you slow down or speed up MP3 or music files without them being part of a movie.
(b) Does the slowing down/speeding up introduce any noticeable distortion.
(c) Does the slowing down/speeding up affect the pitch,
(d) Can you also change the pitch without changing the tempo.

My reason for asking is that on my website I have prepared a lot of accompaniments of hymns, and I've found that churches in different countries/denominations etc sing them at different speeds. I would like to provide my users with a link to some reasonably priced software that would enable them to easily adjust the temp or pitch to suit their needs.

(I already have links on my site to 'Transposer' and 'Audacity' (which introduces distortion) and 'Amazing Slow Downer'. I was just wondering if Quicktime Pro may do a better job, and you also get all the other features that come with it).

  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

      Clyde McLennan.


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>


--
Mark Secker Computer Support Officer
ph# 61-8-6488 1855 (ECEL) <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
University of Western Australia - CRICOS Provider No. 00126G
~
http://www.pbase.com/marxz

"It takes an idiot to do cool things.... that's why it's cool"
- Haruhara Haruka (FLCL)

Ubi fumus, ibi fumus

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>