On 10/11/2008, at 12:42 AM, Alex Novakovic wrote:

Thanks Neil

This was something I was not experienced with.

The drive is connected at this point in time, even after shutting down the computer & restarting. But I looked at what you said and can see that it would be the way to go if I needed it.

I guess what is confusing me is that even though it is connected,

its icon is not appearing on the desktop.

Did you look at Finder preferences to confirm you have a tick in the appropriate box ????

Bob

With one of my Mac clients, their server's icon appears on the desktop when connected. Mine is not strictly speaking a server, though, just a shared device.

Cheers,  Alex

Alex Novakovic - Best Computer Accounting
MYOB Certified Consultant
Mobile: 041 990 2440
Phone: 9305 6310

"Time is a created thing. To say 'I don't have time,' is like saying, 'I don't want to.'" Lao-Tzu