On 15/12/2008, at 4:37 PM, Ronda Brown wrote:

On 13/12/2008, at 2:28 PM, Brian Scott wrote:

Hi,

I have a new iMac running OS 10.5.5 and Mail V 3.5.

In the initial set-up of the iMac I opted for the simple transfer of everything from my PowerBook which has OS 10.4.11.

I use Mail for my email and now it is marking everything that comes into the inbox as junk even after I've selected Not Junk for those that aren't Junk.

The next time I get email from the same sender that previously I've marked as Not Junk it gets marked as Junk again.

How do I get the Not Junk option to respond?

Hello Brian,

Have you setup your Junk Mail filter correctly?

1. Go to the Junk Mail preference pane. Mail > Preferences > Junk Mail

2. Make sure Enable Junk Mail Filtering is checked.

checked

3. Under “When junk mail arrives,” select Move It to the Junk Mailbox.

not checked

4. Make sure these checkboxes are checked:
Sender of Message Is in My Address Book
Sender of Message Is in My Previous Recipients

not checked

These will help prevent Mail from misidentifying legitimate messages as spam.

5. Uncheck Message Is Addressed Using My Full Name.

unchecked

Unfortunately, many spammers probably know your full name, and having this checked would exempt the messages they send from being filtered out.

6. Check Trust Junk Mail Headers Set by My Internet Service Provider.

not checked

Thank you Ronni that should fix it