Hi Wendy,

Disclaimer: I am not an email server guru - the following is my
understanding of a similar problem I had:

I recently had cause to become overly familiar with this (or a very similar)
error message!!

First-off  - the problem is not with your end but with the email recipient's
email account - hence you see the problem whichever account or computer you
send from.

So, assuming that Ronni's simpler scenario is not the problem in your case,
if you were in contact with this person by other means (phone?) I am pretty
sure that you would find that they have stopped (or had stopped if it has
since been fixed) receiving ALL mail on that account.

In my case, the problem was with email accounts associated with my personal
domain - initially I had had an unrelated problem with the domain (and
another one I look after) being down - which turned out to be a failure of
the DNS server at the hosting provider - this was quickly fixed but then
while the other domain was back to normal, I could get no mail on any email
account on my personal domain.

When I sent a few test messages from another account (Internode) I got
basically the same error message as you are seeing, in my case:

> <n...@possumology.com>: host 119.63.204.50[119.63.204.50] said:
>     550-srv2-syd.eqx.sau.net.au [119.63.206.150] is currently not permitted to
>     550-relay through this server. Perhaps you have not logged into the
>     pop/imap 550-server in the last 30 minutes or do not have SMTP
>     Authentication turned on 550 in your email client. (in reply to RCPT TO
>     command)

I included this info in the support ticket I raised with the hosting
provider and, when they finally fixed the problem, they were somewhat vague
about how the problem arose:

> The cause of the issue is unknown at this stage.  We had a DNS server outage
> on Saturday night for our Sydney DNS servers and when these came back online
> on Sunday something had been modified on the hosting server itself which
> caused this issue.

So, to answer your question:

 - There is no problem indicated at your end.
 - They may have shut down this email account (as Ronni suggests).
 - If not they need to get their email account hosting provider to fix the
problem.

HTH

Cheers

Neil