On 25/03/2009, at 9:59 PM, ianre...@westnet.com.au wrote:

Hi Rhonda

Thanks for the suggestions. I quit Mail then found and moved the two MessageRules documents to the desktop, then re-opened Mail, quit Mail again and returned the documents to their usual place in Mail. Nothing had replaced them in the meantime and the viewer window of Mail was still not visible.

I then quit Mail again, dragged the documents to the desktop again and reopened Mail. I changed the junk mail settings,(there are no Rules to change),and checked that no MessageRules replacements had arisen. I later dropped the originals back into Mail and am continuing investigations. Every Quit Mail still has to be forced and the Viewer window is nowhere to be seen.

I checked the mailboxes in Mail and all I have left are In, Out and Sent. The whereabouts of the mass of others is presently unknown.

Regards

Ian

Hi Ian

Can you go to your desktop , find the copy of Mail you would have put there
when I asked you previously

highlight it and then do an Apple plus I
this should give you an information window which will show
what size the folder is .

Hopefully , plenty of Megabytes -- then tell us what size it is , please

Bob