On 23/04/2009 3:05 PM, Ronda Brown wrote:

 On 23/04/2009, at 2:47 PM, Jude wrote:

 I'v also been hit, but I'm also on Digilife and WAMUG, so not sure
 which. Not a great way to get my custom, anyway, especially by telling
 me in the actual email that it's not spam. Um, unsolicited sales via
 email, looks like spam, smells like spam, annoys me like spam..

 You and me both Jude!
 It's one sure way NOT to get my custom.

 I emailed them asking "I would like to know where you got my email
 address from please."
 I'm not expecting a reply.
 Perhaps everyone who has received this Spam email, should reply asking
 the same question, perhaps they would then get the message "We are not
 Happy"!

Of course if you've been a customer of them in the past and they consider you to have a 'strong business relationship' with them and you haven't opted out of this then it's probably not considered spam as there's inferred consent:

HTTP://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc=PC_310572

There doesn't seem to be a time limit on how old this relationship is of course... Also not sure what happens if the list is sold off as part of a company's assets...

If they'd harvested the WAMUG list then of course that would be another matter, but without proof...

Otherwise, complaints and enquires can be lodged with ACMA:

http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc=PC_2008

Have fun,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  The love of liberty is the love