Dear WAMUG'ers, Wonder if there are some of us who have installed Sun's Virtualbox on their Intel Macs and what has been the result.
For the fun of it I have installed it on a FW400 external drive using XP Home Edition, and although it took me 3 or 4 tries to understand the install process, everything ended seemingly correct. I am currently installing all the Win updates, the machine connected directly to the internet via my wireless modem. Once the updates installed I intend trying the 'other' OS on a small application called Nimègue, used for listing genealogy archival data. Unfortunately there is no equivalent, that I know of, on the Mac platform hence the need for Windows. I would be interested in other's experience with Virtualbox. I understand that Linux or other variant can also be installed within the Virtualbox window. Many thanks for any possible information, recommendation or even 'thumb downs' if that's the case. Kind regards and have a nice and safe week-end. J Philippe Chaperon -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>

