Hi James,
Many thanks for your report on VirtualBox. I have finished my
installation and am glad to report all is working wonderfully well.
For good measure I downloaded AVG-free edition which installed without
any problems and was able to update the virus definition files.
I must admit that it is working so well that I will not have any need
purchasing VM Ware which I was thinking about.
Kind regards,
Philippe C

2009/5/9 James Devenish <[email protected]>
>
> Hi,
>
> I use VirtualBox to run both Windows and Linux, no complaints, except
> (cosmetically) that the Windows desktop background sometimes shows
> through in seamless mode, and (reasonably) it is sometimes necessary
> to update VirtualBox after updating the hosted operating system. USB
> support is not always 100%, meaning that although most devices work
> fine, one or two don't seem to connect at all. Mouse tracking is not
> 100% as smooth as the native operating system, but I always found this
> to be a problem with VMware, etc, too.
>
> James
>
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>



--
J Philippe Chaperon
Perth, Australie Occidentale

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>