Bob

Harvey Norman are advertising 10 models of DAB+ radios with prices ranging from $200 to $800. I have no idea what stock they hold if any. I was intrigued with some of the comments in the blog Reg referred to, apparently there are people out there who want DAB+, FM and AM in one receiver. Why they would want AM I do not know as it is my understanding that the majority of AM stations will broadcast in DAB + simultaneously (all ABC stations will be and the majority of Southern Cross Broadcasters as well).

BJS

On 09/05/2009, at 7:27 PM, Robert Howells wrote:


On 09/05/2009, at 5:47 PM, Reg Whitely wrote:

Some other web discussion suggests the eyeTV won't work with Aussie DAB+. On as different tack, here's some really complicated and important-sounding reading if you can understand it (and I can't!): http://www.analog.com/en/press-release/Aug_20_2007_ADIs_Blackfin_Powers_EtherWaves/press.html
Reg


OK ,
plenty of interest but blow all info to get     DAB+     on the Mac .
I have been searching but found nought to help !

Even DAB+ radios are few and far between ,
although Kambo in Malaga have one model available at around $170 .......

Eye TV receives         
DVB-T PAL BG 7 Mhz and in that band there is 2 SBS radio channels & 2 ABC radio channels

but the EyeTV Diversity with EyeTV 3.1.1 certainly does not at this time receive DAB+ channels .


So it seems we are NOT behind the rest of the world


cheers

Bob











On 09/05/2009, at 5:29 PM, Reg Whitely wrote:

Ray, there's mention here of using the eyeTV for DAB+ 
http://blogs.abc.net.au/queensland/2009/04/have-any-brisba.html

Reg

On 09/05/2009, at 9:54 AM, Ray Forma wrote:

Does anyone know of a way of receiving with a Mac the DAB+ radio stations that started broadcasting in Perth on 1 May?

I don't mean the radio that the ABC and SBS simulcast with their TV signals, such as DIG and Jazz; I receive those already with my EyeTV.
--
Regards,

Ray Forma
Tel & Fax 61 (0)8 9335 6568
Mob 61 (0) 428 596938


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>