Yes, I'd agree with Susan here - try to narrow down the problem.

If you don't have another screen to try, can you find another computer to
try your screen on.

€   If another screen works on your G5, it points to a problem with your
screen.

€   If another (known working) screen doesn't work  on your G5, it points to
a problem with the G5 (though it doesn't necessarily mean your screen is
OK).

€   If your screen works with another computer it points to a problem with
your G5 (probably but not necessarily the graphics card).

€   If your screen doesn't work with another (known working) computer it
points to a problem with your screen (though it doesn't necessarily mean
your G5 is OK).

The other thing to check (assuming its a separate item) is the video cable
between the computer and screen - ie try another cable if you have/can
borrow one or try your cable in another computer/screen combo (if
available).

Every test tells you something (though not necessarily the complete
picture!)

Good luck.

Cheers

Neil