Evening,

To be correct the control+tab is a Unix/Linux derivative so in actual fact OS X being Unix based it did not steal from M$

Same as control+β†’, or ← will give you an alternative desktop for which there are 4 default many more on application. (Unix has alt+fkeys) I think this is what Apple refers to as Spaces in Leopard; although I believe I had it in Tiger, but only 4(some coding required??).
http://www.apple.com/pro/tips/spaces.

Cheers!
`RobD...