Roger, Robert and Michael

Fantastic - Thankyou!

I have a full copy of SuperDuper that I stashed (bought it but haven't used
it yet)

It is for an Air so no Firewire. I assume it will let me backup to a network
location or a USB drive?

That is excellent that it allows you to backup so many combinations. Must
figure out how much space I have now :)

Smiles and thanks once more
Aurora

> Hi Aurora
>
> Superduper is your friend ... free copy to start with available here :-
>
> <http://www.shirt-pocket.com/>
>
> The free version will erase the disk you are copying to and then copy
> all
> the necessary files off your hard drive including your user files .
>
> Unless you are on a recent intel mac , recommend a firewire external
> drive .
>
> With the firewire external drive you can boot from that drive and then
> copy back
> to your normal Mac if you need to .
>
> Pay for the extra's on Superduper and you can be selective about what
> you copy
> eg :  System and NO users
> or
> Users and no system
>
> Your settings for the applications you use will be in your User folder ,
> including Mail & Bookmarks & application preferences .
>
> Various people have different preferences , so your's will be in your
> user file
> while another user wih their own account will have their prefernces in
> their user file
>
> Have fun
>
> Bob
>

>> --
>> 'A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue
>> you may
>> never get over.' Benjamin Franklin

Laughter is the closest distance between two people.
-- Victor Borge