On 20/08/2009, at 8:05 AM, Alexander Hartner wrote:

In my experience the data is inserted into the photo by the camera. Older ones used to do this, however new models shouldn't do this anymore.

On 19 Aug 2009, at 06:50, Barry & Leith Johnston wrote:

Hello. I am trying to print photos from IPhoto with the original date in the bottom right hand corner of the photo. I am using a Canon Pixma MP510. The IPhoto application is rather old version 7.1. I think the application is the place to insert the information, but I can't see if there is a way to do it.
Any ideas??

Thanks   Barry Johnston

Thanks for your reply Alexander. The data does originate from the camera, and can be seen within the iphoto application on the imac screen. What I am trying to do is to put the date on the photo that I want to print from my own printer. At this point I cant find any way of doing this, and was hoping that there is some thing I am missing when trying to print.

Thanks     Barry Johnston