Hi Rob
Can you tell me how I get to the settings you show. Also what is "screendump from Thunderbird"?
John

On 25/08/2009, at 10:31 PM, Rob Phillips wrote:

It'll be one of these options - screendump from Thunderbird. These are for receiving - check the smtp settings for sending. Assuming you are using POP.

Rob

<Picture 2.png>
John Daniels wrote:

Hi all
On my Intel iMac I can receive and send emails using Entourage without a problem and without using a password.

However when I switched to Mac Mail the program asks me for a password and does not accept the password which would normally give me access to Westnet server. I have checked at Mail preferences - Accounts which looks OK and phoned Westnet but they could not help.

Anyone got any ideas?
Cheers
John

Associate Professor Rob Phillips
Educational Development Unit
Room 4.42 Level 4 Library North Wing, Murdoch University
r.phill...@murdoch.edu.au Phone: +61 8 9360 6054 Mobile: 0416 065 054
Fellow, Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australasia Currently on sabbatical leave