On 17/09/2009, at 8:08 AM, Ronda Brown wrote:

Hi Michael,

Don't forget about improved Preview Application in Snow Leopard. <http://www.apple.com/macosx/refinements/ > Select the text you want Copy & Paste into Text Edit, then File > Print - Save as PDF.

"Easy PDF text selection.

Here’s an enhancement that exemplifies the pursuit of perfection. When using a PDF viewer such as Preview, have you ever tried to copy text from a PDF document that has more than one column? It’s almost impossible. Instead of selecting only the text you want, your cursor selects all the text across the page, so you end up with a mix of words from every column.

Mac OS X Snow Leopard applies sophisticated artificial intelligence algorithms to fix the problem. It analyzes the layout of each page in the PDF to identify columns of text. So when you use the cursor to select text, you get only the words you want. That’s a real time- saver."

17" MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo
2.4 GHz / 4GB / 800MHz / 500GB
OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

Hi,

I have yet to upgrade to SL.

In Preview V 4.2

In regard to copying bits from columned text I just thought I'd mention that by holding down the Option key as you mark you can copy any piece text from any column in Preview.

Cheers

Brian Scott

iMac 24" 3.06 2 Duo
3.06 GHz/4GB/NVIDIA 512 MB
OS X 10.5.8
Sitting on a empty 1975 Burroughs-B800 console