On 26/09/2009, at 11:55 AM, Adrian Skehan wrote:

G'day to all,

MacBook Pro & OSX Snow Leopard--Permissions Repair warnings as follows:

Repairing permissions for “Macintosh HD”
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired. Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Locum" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Permissions repair complete

I seem to recall some discussions on this subject some time ago in the pre Leopard OS, but I cant find the reference to check what it meant.

Should one be concerned and or do anything about these warnings?

Hi Adrian,

No, you don't need to be concerned, you can safely ignore these SUID warnings. Disk Utility's Repair Disk Permissions messages that you can safely ignore:

<http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1448?viewlocale=en_US>

17" MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo
2.4 GHz / 4GB / 800MHz / 500GB
OS X 10.6.1 Snow Leopard