Hope all is good in WA!

Ab

Sent from my iPhone

On 2009-09-30, at 11:49 PM, Rod Blitvich <rb...@iinet.net.au> wrote:

Hi WAMUgers
We have added a patio/pergola outdoors, just off the Living Room.
We are about to get an electrician to wire up the lights and powerpoints to this outdoor area.
I am thinking about speakers/music.

Should I install some outdoor speakers? Any recommendations?
Should I get the electrician to run speaker wiring from inside to the outdoor speakers? Then i thought - isn't this what the Airport Express and Airtunes is all about??? Don't know much about it.

"AirTunes takes the music from the iTunes library on your computer and sends it wirelessly to any stereo or speakers in your home. All you have to do is plug an AirPort Express into an electrical outlet near those speakers, then connect them with an audio cable."

Does this mean I can play my itunes music to the outdoor speakers providing:
1. I've installed  powered outdoor speakers
2.I've got a powerpoint outside near the outdoor speakers
3. I run an audio cable from the airport express into the outdoor speakers
?

What's the cost?
Outdoor speakers???
Airport Express: $179
AirPort Express Stereo Connection Kit with Monster Cables: $59

Your advice appreciated please.
ta
Blitto

<image.gif>