On 29/10/2009, at 3:58 PM, Michael Hawkins wrote:

I have a Canon digital video camcorder model MV920 (mini DV tape).

It doesn't show up on my computer when I connect it via Firewire. Neither Apple nor Canon appear to have any drivers for the camera, yet the manual
deals with connection to a Mac.

I suspect it's a casualty of Snow Leopard, but does anyone have any solution

I know this probably doesn't help, but my (now getting on a bit) JVC GR-D73AA, also a mini DV tape model, connects just fine in iMovie 09 under Snow Leopard*. I would have thought that Canon would work just as well. I mention it really just to suggest that I doubt very much if it's a Snow Leopard issue.

*Note that it does not show up in the Finder: only as an available data source in iMovie.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 064 948