On 13/12/2009, at 1:19 PM, Brian Scott wrote:
> > If the link to the picture of the faulty screen didn't work, try this one.. > > http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt99/walfau/Computer/Faulty-PB-screen1.jpg > > Thanks > > Brian > > On 13/12/2009, at 12:26 PM, Brian Scott wrote: > >> >> Hi, >> >> I was was about to setup EYeTV to record a show yesterday when my screen >> started >> getting a mess/mesh of dots and lines. Not just on the PowerBook 15" but on >> my TV (CRT) >> that it is connected to also. >> >> The external HDD started unexpectedly removing itself invoking Device >> Removal warnings. >> >> This happened not long after upgrading some system software and repairing >> permissions. >> >> It's has OS 10.4.11 >> >> When I started it this morning it was clear until I moved the PB screen to >> view it better. >> But moving it again doesn't make it clear. >> And it wasn't movement that made it go off the first time or other times. >> >> I've tried re-setting PRAM, removing everything connected to it and >> replacing the ram module but it made no difference. >> >> From the Preferences the screen details are Model: 00009C20 and Manufacture >> Date: B87B9680 >> >> See a picture of the faulty screen here.. >> >> >|http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt99/walfau/Computer/Faulty-PB-screen.png|< >> >> Has my PowerBook become useless or can it be easily fixed? >> >> Thank you for looking. >> >> Brian >> >> >> >> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- >> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> >> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> >> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]> >> > My initial reaction is that something nasty has happened to your graphics hardware, and I suspect the only cure will be a logic board replacement. Take it to your nearest Apple Repairer (any registered Apple Reseller should be able to help) for an expert opinion, but you'll have to weigh the costs of repair vs replacement with a new or good 2nd hand laptop. -- Peter Hinchliffe Apwin Computer Services FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer Perth, Western Australia Phone (618) 9332 6482 Mob 0403 064 948 -------------------------------------------------------------------- Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to. -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>

