yes i agree with Peter
papyrus can be read w/o electric power, the power of a candle will do....... with cds i had some dead within 9 month & others still ok since 1997, slow speed burn seems to be more reliable (eg cd 16x or lower) harddisks are not to bad, mine are still readable after 9 years (only powered get files then disconnected again)
James