Well, interesting the things you find out in this sort of exercise:

on 2/2/10 12:58 PM, Neil Houghton at n...@possumology.com wrote:

<snip>

> Whereas for a Bonjour printer (approach 2 on another VM) I see:
>
> Port name(s): http://NRH-iMac27.local:631/printers/Canon_iP4000

<snip>

When my post came through, I noticed that the printer IP address was showing
as a link so, out of curiosity, I clicked it and my web browser took me to a
page called:

Canon_iP4000 - CUPS 1.4.2
Which is headed:

Canon_iP4000 (Idle, Accepting Jobs, Shared)

and seems to give me various options with regard to printer maintenance and
administration - I must admit I wasn't game to start fiddling in there, but
I did click on the "show completed jobs" button and was presented with a
list of all the jobs the printer had completed.

I guess it just gives you a "behind the scenes look" at some aspects of how
OSX printing works.

Well, I thought it was cool anyway!

Cheers

Neil