Hi Stuart

If you take a look at Delicious Library <http://delicious-monster.com/> As
Daniel has suggested. And you like the product remember there's a 20% off
discount for members of MUG's

Contact me directly at info<-AT->gmug.org.au, If you're interested and I
will send you the relevant information

--
Regards Kyle

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kyle Kreusch - Webmaster, (GMUG) Ambassador
This e-mail was Dictated Using Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9

(GMUG) - Geraldton Macintosh User Group
Website: <http://www.gmug.org.au/>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 4:25 PM, Alan Smith <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>
> Hi Stuart
>
> Best of luck with your database.  I suggest just using an ordinary CD
> marker
> pen to write numbers on the disks by hand.  Plain white sticky labels are
> available in continuous rolls and a hand written sequence number on the CD
> case would suffice.   I think that once you have all music in iTunes it
> will
> be a rare event to use the physical CD.
>
> I did a similar exercise years ago.  I began with a handwritten log of all
> LPs, cassettes and new fangled CD thingies.  I marked my CD cases
> (cassettes
> and LPs) with small sticky tabs with handwritten numbers.  I then used
> Excel
> as the database and later converted music tracks to MP3.  I stored the
> files
> on a hard drive and on home-burnt CDs for backup.
>
> I eventually transferred the music files to iTunes (and iMac).  Big
> revelation was the convenience of iTunes to edit filename and MP3 tags.
> With a consistent file naming system I can now quickly locate any track I
> want.  (Track names on commercial CDs are appallingly inconsistent and
> unhelpful.)
>
> I haven't used my Excel music database since I've had the iMac.  And I have
> a spare CD collection gathering dust.
>
> Cheers, Alan
>
>
>
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
>
>


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>