Hi Jennifer

When it comes to Speech Recognition Software I have found there is only one
name to trust Nuance <http://www.nuance.com/> Communications. I have been
searching for years for reliable speech recognition software to help out
with my reading and writing disability.

Several years back I discovered Nuance's Dragon
NaturallySpeaking<http://www.nuance.com/naturallyspeaking/>
 Which I had been running virtually for several years in Windows on my
Mac In 2008 MacSpeech <http://www.macspeech.com> announced
MacSpeech, Dictate <http://www.macspeech.com/dictate/> at MacWorld 2008
 which was completely built on Nuance's Dragon NaturallySpeaking Engine

Unfortunately I had nothing but problems with the program into they released
a new version last year "MacSpeech Dictate v1.5+". Since the release of
version 1.5+ I have now fully switched to using MacSpeech,
Dictate<http://www.macspeech.com/dictate/> and
since November last year I have not run Dragon
NaturallySpeaking<http://www.nuance.com/naturallyspeaking/>
 Once.

Nuance Communications Have also been impressed with MacSpeech's dictate
product's and their progress on the Mac platform so several months ago they
purchased the company.


Anyway all my e-mails sent on (GMUG) and WAMUG Mailing List's are entirely
dictated using speech recognition software I also run several websites and
The Geraldton Macintosh User Group's <http://www.gmug.org.au/> Entire
website was dictated using speech recognition software

Ronni mentions David Pogue <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Pogue> in one
of her e-mails David uses Dragon NaturallySpeaking to dictate all his books
and his New York Times column

--
Regards Kyle

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kyle Kreusch - iT Consultant - Phone: (08) 6365-4577 - Extension 73520
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apple: Computers, Mac OS X Support, iPod, iPhone, and iPad
Computer Accessories - Internet and Network Solutions
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This E-Mail Was Dictated Using MacSpeech Dictate, [i]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>