Hi Mart,

two years ago I bought one of these:

<http://cgi.ebay.com/CAR-CRADLE-FM-TRANSMITTER-REMOTE-HANDSFREE-IPHONE-/180527174389?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_MobilePhoneAccessories&hash=item2a084212f5>

or at at least similar. In those days it cost twice as much and didn't have the
remote control.

It has proved itself ultra reliable except after 2 years being near the dash
and in the sun the LED display no longer works. This is not a problem as it
only displayed the FM channel you have selected and I now know by heart what
frequency it is tuned in to.

I have dragged this with me interstate and used it in various hired and
borrowed cars without any problems. In most cars the stalk is long enough to
allow it to be comfortably viewed when used as a GPS. This does depend on the
car and where the cigarette plug is located. A bit of velcroe might benefit
some cars.

This unit will do everything you require plus it has USB port for charging
other phones/devices and a headphone type socket for connecting other MP3
devices.

At $20 it is a cheap unit that does the job well.

                     Regards,
                     Eugene