Hi Merv,

I have been running a Billion 7402 VGP for over four years now - same unit,
hasn't skipped a beat (touch wood!) VOIP with Internode's nodephone is
indistinguishable from fixed line. It has fixed line support so my standard
phone will receive the fixed-line calls coming in and make outgoing VOIP
calls from the same units (and fall-back to fixed line if the internet ever
went down (it doesn't - touch wood, again!).

Although this model would meet all your needs, it obviously is not a current
model. Billion seem to have more of a choice now than four years ago - for
VOIP routers, see:

<http://au.billion.com/product/voip.php>

I haven't looked more closely to see which current unit is the logical
successor to mine - I guess I will update... sometime... but, really, at
present it still does everything I want :o)

Cheers


Neil
-- 
Neil R. Houghton
Albany, Western Australia
Tel: +61 8 9841 6063
Email: [email protected]


on 21/7/10 9:26 AM, Merv Bond at [email protected] wrote:

> 
> Hi
> Exploring a wireless-router combined, that is,
> * modem
> * router (4 port)
> * wifi
> * voip
> The WAMUG archives of 2007 show support for Netgear WG614 Router
> Is this still the way to go or has the scene changed.
> Machines to be serviced are latest MacBook pro and 2007 iMac.
> Your suggestions please.
> Merv





-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>