Thanks to all those who provided ideas about a router. The scene certainly has changed with gs and bs and some routers not being ADSL compatible. Ended up choosing a Billion 7404VGPX ADSL2+/3G Modem with VoIP. Hope it does all the dances that are promised.
Merv

On 21/07/10 11:50 AM, Paul Weaver wrote:

I'm running a Belkin N1 'Vision' modem router at home. It can handle several 
wireless and cable connections simultaneously with ease, and no discernible 
loss of speed.  It has a small screen so I can see who is connected and whether 
they are cable or wireless, what sort of speed they are downloading data and 
how much each individual has downloaded in the previous 24 hours.  I never have 
dropouts with it, whereas they were a daily happening with the previous NetComm 
E7F automodem.

Cheers, Paul.

http://fremantlebiz.livejournal.com/calendar


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives -<http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines -<http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe -<mailto:[email protected]>



--
"Education without values and knowledge without ethics is a false education."


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>