Hi everyone. I have two problems, as usual. So I would welcome any suggestions here;

1. Has anyone had any problems with these 1TB WD drives? mine has always done odd things, like crash, freeze the system etc. So now I have wiped the drive in TechTool Pro 4.
After getting info, I find this;

Capacity: 931.39 GB
Available: 513.2 GB
Used: 418.19 GB

The drive is empty (well it appears so) so am just wondering what is taking up this space? I tried to verify and/or repair in Disk Utility but it says that it cannot unmount the drive. So not sure what is happening. I wanted to erase and reformat the drive to see if it can still be used, but it appears there may be a problem at the root level?
Any clues re the above drive?

My system is;
MacPro 2 x 2.66 GHz dual/2GB/1TB/10.5.1

2. I cannot update the OS software or any other on the above machine. It just stalls, I can wait all day and it does nothing.


ps; Thank you Bob for taking the time to look at my 2 x G5's with the RAM problem. The cases are now happy in their new incarnation as letter boxes!

Thanks
Jon




'ROBBIE II - Further adventures with Robinson Helicopters'
A new coffee-table book from Eye in the Sky Productions.
Unit 5 / 78 Marine Tce, Fremantle
Western Australia  6160
Photographed by aviation photographers Jon Davison and Alexis Bachofen.
T: 08 94335541
M: 0403 235938
E: [email protected]
<http://www.robbiebook.com.au>





-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>