System preferences>security>general
Mike
On 16/08/2010, at 10:45 AM, Crisp, Peter wrote:

> All, I have a question about logging in to the Macbook (using SL), when I 
> turn the Macbook on, it boots up and it is ready for business soon after. If 
> I walk away, it eventually goes to sleep and then when I waken it up again, 
> it is ready for business again. This is good, but it means that anyone can do 
> this to my Macbook. How do I set it up so that when booting from an OFF 
> state, it requires a password to complete the boot up, and then when in sleep 
> mode, to waken it up again, also requires a password. This is standard fare 
> for the PC I use and I’m sure is an accessible feature in OSX but I’m not 
> sure how to make it do this.
>  
> Can anyone enlighten me please?
>  
> Regards
>  
> Peter…
>       N O T I C E - This message from Hatch is intended only for the use of 
> the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information 
> which is privileged, confidential or proprietary. Internet communications 
> cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be 
> intercepted, corrupted, lost, arrive late or contain viruses. By 
> communicating with us via e-mail, you accept such risks. When addressed to 
> our clients, any information, drawings, opinions or advice (collectively, 
> "information") contained in this e-mail is subject to the terms and 
> conditions expressed in the governing agreements. Where no such agreement 
> exists, the recipient shall neither rely upon nor disclose to others, such 
> information without our written consent. Unless otherwise agreed, we do not 
> assume any liability with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the 
> information set out in this e-mail. If you have received this message in 
> error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and destroy and delete 
> the message from your computer.
> 
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>