Of course I meant 'Disable Automatic Login' … I can't type  ;-(

On 16/08/2010, at 10:45 AM, Crisp, Peter wrote:

> All, I have a question about logging in to the Macbook (using SL), when I 
> turn the Macbook on, it boots up and it is ready for business soon after. If 
> I walk away, it eventually goes to sleep and then when I waken it up again, 
> it is ready for business again. This is good, but it means that anyone can do 
> this to my Macbook. How do I set it up so that when booting from an OFF 
> state, it requires a password to complete the boot up, and then when in sleep 
> mode, to waken it up again, also requires a password. This is standard fare 
> for the PC I use and I’m sure is an accessible feature in OSX but I’m not 
> sure how to make it do this.
>  
> Can anyone enlighten me please?
>  
> Regards
>  
> Peter…

Hi Peter,

System Preferences > Security - General  
select "Require Password immediately after sleep or screen saver begins"
Also select 'Disable Automatic login'

Cheers,
Ronni

17" MacBook Pro  Intel Core i7
2.66GHz / 4GB / 1067 MHz DDR3 / 500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200rpm

OS X 10.6.3 Snow Leopard
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)






-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>