Hi Way muggers

I hope you are all well and recovered from the election weekend!

I have a question regarding the use of Filemaker mobile (or similar) on the ipad. Is it possible to do so I can use it as a data collection device and download to the main database on the laptop via Bluetooth?

I have previously had Palm T3 devices to which I have loaded my mobile database and used them offshore for data collation. I understand Filemaker is up to about version 10 now and my filemaker database is in version 6! Would I be able to transfer into the latest version both on my laptop and an ipad to make it work?

Im looking to reduce all paper datasheet use and going electronic. The T3 was really great and easy to use, but after about 5 years they just stopped! I now hate the huge amount of paper data forms and time it takes for transcribing the data.

If this is possible, I would imagine the base model ipad would be suitable?

Thanks for any advice on this

Kindest regards

Chris


Christopher L.K. Burton
Director
Western Whale Research
PO Box 1076
Dunsborough WA 6281
Mobile: 0419 199 120
Email: [email protected]



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>