Hello Graeme,

I have been using it on and off for about 6 months and I found the reports 
(family tree prints, etc) very cumbersome and unfriendly. 

I have thought lately of trying something different, but what ?

On 25/08/2010, at 5:38 PM, Graeme Winters wrote:

> 
> Is there anyone within the WAMUG group using Reunion for Mac
> This is a family tree package designed specifically for the Mac
> 
> My current issue is this
> Having entered data for some 7 families or over 650 names,  I then opted to 
> print a pedigree chart for my youngest grandchild
> This printed chart covers 7 generations and when printed covers 12 A4 sheets. 
> In this format the chart is quite readable although it could be reduced in 
> size a little.
> I then taped and joined the 12 pages into an impressive chart , however the 
> joins were not good and I had to do much trimming to make the chart at all 
> reasonable in appearance.
> 
> Thinking that I could get a better job done by Office Works ( whose printing 
> costs seem to be better than most ) Office Works were unable to open the 
> .boxchart file
> 
> I then tried saving this as a pdf file but the system would only allow a 
> pdf.boxchart suffix
> Again the printer could not open the file
> 
> When I come to print a descendants chart I see that I will have the same 
> problem. Again this will be up to 7 generations but the chart will spread 
> both north and south as well as east and west
> 
> Does anyone have any experience with Reunion?
> 
> 
> Graeme
> iMac 27"
> Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06GHz
> 4GB 1067MHz RAM / 1TB
> Running OS X v 10.6.4
> Windows XP for MYOB
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
> 


Regards,
Stephen Chape



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>