Hi Graeme

I've come in late to this discussion. Here's some thoughts...

Sharing with another Reunion user...send him the reunion file, not a boxchart 
(not sure what you meant by 'box file').
Others have mentioned the great features of Reunion, it's certainly worth 
persevering with.
Reunion have just announced an iPad version (it's already available on the 
iPhone)
Family Tree Maker will be available for the Mac later this year.
Cheers
Mike


On 25/08/2010, at 9:01 PM, Graeme Winters wrote:

> Thank you for your comment Stephen
> I was using Family Tree Maker 2006 prior to August 2010 but was torn between 
> persevering with this old package, updating FTM or switching to Reunion.
> I made the change after only a brief test and am yet to really get to try the 
> many options available
> Several reasons why I chose Reunion
> Our Winters genealogy web site is run by a cousin in UK who is also using 
> Reunion so I felt the transfer of my data to him via a box file would make 
> things easier at his end
> Our current web site caters for 4 branches of the family to date and am 
> looking to increase the branches to 10 with my local data
> FTM is not designed for the Mac although it may be in the future
> 



Mike Murray and Lesley Silvester
TimeTrackers
East Fremantle
Western Australia

Tel 08 9339 8078
Fax 08 9339 0519

British and Australian genealogical and historical research, 
education, publishing and film-making

www.timetrackers.com.au




-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>