Hi Bill,

Not familiar with this particular device but some USB devices without
powerpacks (eg some portable external drives) use two leads to increase the
power available to the device.

>From what Vlad says, the Matias obviously has a number of USB outlet ports -
perhaps they use two inputs to cater for more devices plugged into the
keyboard. (Whether this is actually effective or not probably depends on
which usb ports on the computer you plug the leads into).

Of course, not being familiar with the actual device - this is all
conjecture on my part ;o)


Cheers



Neil
-- 
Neil R. Houghton
Albany, Western Australia
Tel: +61 8 9841 6063
Email: [email protected]



on 16/9/10 7:56 PM, Bill Parker at [email protected] wrote:

> 
> Vlad,
> 
> The keyboard has two USB "out" leads, they have only one minor
> difference and that is the embossing one the usb plug.  I have
> function with either lead and two are not nec. but the booklet says
> they must both be plugged into the computer (MAc instructions).
> 
> 
> Bill
> 
> On 16/09/2010, at 7:08 PM, Vladimir James wrote:
> 
>> 
>> Only one lead to a USB2 socket is necessary for my Matias to work. I
>> have no idea which 'second lead' you're referring to. Where in the
>> instructions is this?
>> 
>> I have camera and trackball leads plugged into the Matias. Both work
>> nicely, and I still have a spare port on the keyboard.
>> 
>> Not all the function keys work on the Matias as they do on the Apple
>> keyboard. I use Keyboard Maestro to re-assign the function keys to
>> suit my work.
>> 
>> Vlad James
>> wireless (NetComm 3G21WB)
>> 27" iMac 2.8 GHz i5 8GB
>> OS X 10.6.3
>> 
>> On 16/09/2010, at 5:57 PM, Bill Parker wrote:
>> 
>>> 
>>> Does anyone have experience with Matias keyboards?   I  have just
>>> purchased one and it works - most of the time.  The instructions
>>> say both leads must be plugged in.  Which lead is which the booklet
>>> does not say and often I need one USB port for a modem.
>>> 
>>> There are times when I have mouse operational only.
>>> 
>>> Macbook pro/10.5.8.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Bill
>>> Dr Bill Parker
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
>> 
> 
> Dr Bill Parker
>    ³The greatest enemy of the truth is not the lie ­ deliberate,
> contrived, and dishonest ­ but the myth ­ persistent, pervasive, and
> unrealistic.²
>   John F. Kennedy
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 





-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>