Hello Tom

I have done quite a lot of research into the most reliable blank DVDs and the consensus seems to be that genuine Taiyo Yuden discs are the best - ie archival quality lasting 50 - 100 years!! It is important that they are genuine Taiyo Yuden - Made in Japan - and should be sealed in the TY packaging if possible. Also, consider the difference between OEM and Master quality. Also, if you want archival-type storage give some thought to inert archival quality envelopes/cases.

More info at:

www.nortsandones.com.au/Taiyo-Yuden-Facts          (TY discs explained)
www.archivalmethods.com/product.cfm?productid=171   (archive cases)
www.pcx.com.au/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductId=1126       (archive cases)


Regards

Marlene Oostryck


On 18/09/2010, at 6:27 AM, thefrogs wrote:


I have noticed that some of the dvds I have burned are already failing- you can see the data layer coming away from the plastic disc. My question is: which DVD companies make the most reliable and robust discs
tom samson


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>











-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>