Hi Guys its the size of the MacPro that causes me problems the xserve was ideal 
!

Roger

On 05/11/2010, at 11:22 PM, Daniel Kerr wrote:

> 
> Hi Philippe
> 
> I thought that too,..but I looked at the specs, and it comes with one
> SuperDrive with the option to add the second one as well. :o) (Same as the
> standard machine). But yes,..like your thinking. :)
> And nope sorry,..all the same ports. :o)
> 2x Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth, Firewire, USB2, Sound in and out. Same ports
> on the front and back :)
> 
> Looked those up too. Was determined to check it all,... :o)
> 
> But yes, you were thinking the same way as me.
> 
> Thanks Philippe 
> 
> Kind Regards
> Daniel
> 
> 
> On 5/11/10 11:16 PM, "Philippe Chaperon" <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> 
>> Good evening Daniel and all,
>> 
>> I think that the Server does not have a Super Drive, and it would not
>> surprise me that it would also not have the full communications
>> facilities (?).
>> 
>> 
>> I may be wrong though.
>> 
>> Regards and good night all,
>> 
>> Philippe chaperon
>> 
>> (PS Daniel, I'll be seeing you very soon.)
>> 
>> 2010/11/5 Daniel Kerr <[email protected]>:
>>> 
>>> I notice they've now added the "Mac Pro Server" version to the Apple Store
>>> as well.
>>> 
>>> Though,..am I missing something here:-
>>> (OK,..here goes). From the Apple Online Store.
>>> <http://www.apple.com/au/store> MacPro
>>> 
>>> Quad-Core
>>> One 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon "Nehalem" processor
>>> 3GB (three 1GB) memory
>>> 1TB hard drive
>>> SuperDrive
>>> ATI Radeon HD 5770 with 1GB GDDR5
>>> A$ 3,499.00
>>> 
>>> If you configure this to be the same as the Server model on the store with
>>> 8GB RAM and the second Hard Drive it comes in at $4224
>>> 
>>> Server
>>> One 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon "Nehalem" processor
>>> 8GB (four 2GB) memory
>>> Two 1TB hard drives
>>> SuperDrive
>>> Mac OS X Server unlimited-client license
>>> ATI Radeon HD 5770 with 1GB GDDR5
>>> A$ 3,799.00
>>> 
>>> Now if you wanted to run Snow Leopard Standard on it, you'd buy that for
>>> either $39 (although that's the upgrade from Leopard version) or the full
>>> Mac Box Set so as to get iLife and iWork as well. That's $169.
>>> Total $3968.
>>> 
>>> So,..by my thinking,.you buy the server plus MacBox Set for $3968. Save $256
>>> AND get a full OSX Server unlimited client license.
>>> 
>>> Again,..I ask,..am I missing something there??? Lol :)
>>> (I only just threw that together,..so I could have overlooked something and
>>> I used all the pricing straight from the Apple online store RRP pricing of
>>> course)
>>> 
>>> Kind Regards
>>> Daniel
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> On 5/11/10 10:00 PM, "Craig Bruce" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> Know many companies still running these awesome machines.. Get them while
>>>> they
>>>> are still avail.. I'm still rocking some pre intel Xserves with no 
>>>> problems!
>>>> 
>>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>> 
>>>> On 05/11/2010, at 7:24 PM, lem1 <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> Apple has announced the end of the Xserve, sad as I quite liked the
>>>>> systems.
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> http://www.apple.com/xserve/resources.html
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>>>>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>>>>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>>>>> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
>>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>>>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>>>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>>>> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
>>>> 
>>> 
>>> ---
>>> Daniel Kerr
>>> MacWizardry
>>> 
>>> Phone: 0414 795 960
>>> Email: <daniel @ macwizardry . com . au>
>>> Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>
>>> 
>>> 
>>> **For everything Macintosh**
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>>> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
>>> 
>>> 
>> 
>> 
> 
> ---
> Daniel Kerr
> MacWizardry
> 
> Phone: 0414 795 960
> Email: <daniel @ macwizardry . com . au>
> Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>
> 
> 
> **For everything Macintosh**
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
> 




-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>