Thanks Rob,

> How is your home network setup i.e., server software or distribution?

The best answer I can give was in my original posting:
>> I have 5 Mac devices, two PC laptops and occasionally an Xbox, that are
>> connected via ethernet or wifi to my home network and to the internet
>> through Bigpond Cable.

The Cable router is a Netgear Wireless Cable Modem Gateway CG814WG

Following your suggestion, I've looked at Ntop and IPTraf, both of which seem
to be more suited to command line geeks, which I am not.
http://iptraf.seul.org/  info page was last updated in 2005 and appears to be a
Linux app with no reference to OSX

http://www.ntop.org/overview.html
I've downloaded this, but I cannot figure out how to instal it. There are Unix
command lines that are beyond my level of knowledge. I've given up on this app.

I'm quite surprised there isn't an easy to use programme that allows us to view
where the internet quota is being used. If these processes can be read by
command line Unix tools, then how come someone ingenious soul hasn't put a GUI
on top of it and marketed it?

Tim